Prism Video Streaming
The Netriver Prism video delivery system is a powerful and efficient way of streaming video over the internet. Suitable for live streaming or on-demand, Prism optimises video delivery to the bitrate available.
- The Prism technology optimises video delivery to multiple clients at the same time, each client receiving the video in the best possible quality for the bandwidth available to that client at that instant.
- Prism uses a proprietary delivery format but enables clients with existing codecs, such as H.264, to decode the video.
- Prism supports clients with different capabilities, for example, optimising delivery to mono or stereoscopic (3D) displays, or to stereo or multi-channel clients.
- Prism is efficient to code, using a modified encoder to produce the proprietary delivery format.
- Prism can be used in the content delivery back-bone as a trans-coding video proxy, deliverying video at multiple varying bitrates off a single encoder whilst reducing back-bone network bandwidth.
Netriver Prism technology is available for licensing. Contact us for details.
- Download the white paper
- UK Patent Aplication No. 1104403.9